MIO aka GOLDEN – A1101668
Safe - 1-22-2017 Manhattan
Meet Golden: Golden is hypothermic and dehydrated and needs supportive care. We are able to offer a stipend to the group who takes her. Please help this beautiful lady today!
MIO aka GOLDEN – A1101668 1Y BROWN TABBY DSH F
STRAY INTAKE: 1/17/2017 DueOut Date 01/20/2017
Initial Exam (1/17/17)
S/O: presented very depressed, would vocalize when turned over, could lift head slightly
T: too low to register on rectal P: 112 R: 48
EENT: OU clean/clear; AU clean/clear; small abrasion to nose with slight bloody discharge
– MM pale pink, CRT ~ 3 sec.
H/L: bradycardic, nma; no wheeze/crackles ausculted
M/S: no obvious signs of trauma, no palp fx’s; unable to amb due to depressed ment.; able to move limbs x 4
– soft abd. no masses palp.
Integ: mod/severe dehydrated, BCS 3/9, wet and mildly dirty coat
Neuro: dull/depressed, need to reassess
A: hypothermia, dehydrated
– FeLV/FIV combo negative
P: initial supportive care – placed on heating pad and with warm fan forced air (space heater)
– 150 mL LRS SW
– 1mL dextrose PO
– cont to monitor gen health and temp
– seek NH placement ASAP
– condition appears to be improving, she is lifting her head and trying to move around in cage
– temp. still says too low to register on rectal therm.
– will cont. to provide heart support and monitor condition
View all entries in: Safe Cats 2017-01